There are good days, there are bad. And there are some days when we just need a little “pick-me-up.” Here are five quick tips:
1. Get some ice cream, or food you love. Did someone say ice cream? Yum. What is your favorite? Rocky road? Cherry garcia? Chocolate chip? Well, go on out and treat yourself. There’s something about holding an ice cream cone and savoring its flavor as you walk down the street on a sweltering summer day. And yes, you could multiply your joy by treating yourself to your favorite food as well!
2. Read “A joke a day.” Why did the elephant cross the road? Because the chicken has its day off! Once a day, I get a joke in my inbox from ajokeaday.com. I usually have a good chuckle, and sometimes share it with others, before moving on to “serious” work. 😉
3. Play with your kids or pets. Kids, pets, they wait for you at the door when you come home. They can’t wait for you to play with them, laugh with them, joke with them. Throw a little ball, play a little fetch. Even for 10, 15 minutes, you lift your spirits and theirs as well!
4. Call a friend. Friends offer their listening ears, fresh perspectives, new ideas, shoulders to cry 0n, and recharge your emotional tank. Give your best friend a jingle and watch how you feel when you’re done with your call.
5. Exercise. I know, I know, sometimes going to the gym is the last thing you want to do. But once you get on the treadmill and the first trickle of sweat starts rolling down your forehead, and the endorphins kick in, you’d have forgotten all your dread and be patting yourself on the back!
May your days be full, fun and joyful! If you have more pick-me-up tips, be generous and share it with everyone here! Thank you much.